Up Until now I've felt so dead creatively. The inspiration
to do practically anything has just not been there. Last week I shot and styled
my friend Kaila Kwon. Kaila is a freelance makeup artist and hairstylist in the
Chicago area, and now she happens to be my muse! The images I captured kinda
revived me in some sort of way, and now I think I'm back on the right track.
Visit my photography blog jpbphotodiary.tumblr.com for more photos.
Ciara, Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, Beyonce & Christina Aguilera // Grimes
Lydia Deetz in Givenchy // Roger in Proenza Schouler
Bart Simpson in Jeremy Scott // Spice Girls
You know that really dope white dude that appears in Das Me and Genesis? No? Well his name is Jesse Saint John. He only happens to be one of the coolest people in the cyber werld right now, and his illustrations are so stoopid good that I'm obsessed. Check out his Tumblr stoopidjessie.tumblr.com #YoureWelcome
Since Valentines day is coming I know a lot of yawl are nervous! Only 3 more days to find out if you're a main bitch (Beyonce) or a side bitch (Michelle Williams)! Luckily I don't have those types of problems because I have the best love life ever. I only listen to Lana Del Rey while crying and chain smoking in the bathtub so I can be more relatable to you guys. But don't panic, Purp's here to help you find true love just in time for V-Day!
1. Liquor = Love I met my last ex boyfriend at an art gallery. We danced together to 90's R&B shit until he got really wasted and got into a physical altercation with the party thrower. If it wasn't for the alcohol I wouldn't have been drunk enough to think that the whole incident was really sexy and we probably never would've ended up making out thus starting our love affair.
2. Find out what his/her astrological sign is. Yes this really matters and yes that saturn-venus-moon shit is key to everything. Just go to the love compatibility section of Astrology.com and see if your signs work well together. Most likely it'll say that you guys are a horrible match but haters gon' hate.
3. Eat carbs all the time. Like seriously give no fuck about your figure! Guys (black men) love women with curves. Scream when you see girls posting workout pics to Instagram and wipe your tears with a slice of pizza #teamdeepdish
4. Be paranoid about everything. If he doesn't text you back right away he's obviously fucking your bestfriend, even if she does happen to be sitting right next to you as you desperately wait for him to respond back. Its happening, and your life is horrible.
5. Go for someone who was born in an entirely different decade than you or at least 5 years older. Its simple, a.) They have more money than the dumb college boys who eat Ramen just like you b.) They most likely know how to make a women have an orgasm or at least should by now c.) They'll take you on nice dates unlike people who were born in the 90's who think they're able to fuck by just getting you drunk off of cheap liquor (Who am I kitten this totally works!), and d.) If you have daddy issues he can almost be like a second dad or something
6. Seek out someone in high power position. This means if he gets paid by the hour he's not worth your time ladies. Salary earners or business owners only! BUT SERIOUSLY, make sure that they at least have a good reputation and are popular enough to get your underaged self into all the cool clubs in Chicago. Your dream to be a socialite is #real and should not be played with.
7. Be Nice to everyone. A lot of times its hard to be nice to unfortunate (ugly) people let alone give them the time of day, but I can't stress how important it is to be nice to everyone. Just because he's #physically not the move doesn't mean he's not figuratively ($$$) the move. So be nice, and maybe he has some attractive friends that are more qualified to be in your presence.
8. Blog and tweet about your personal life. Haven't you ever wished that your significant other could read your mind?? Like he would just know that your craving pizza or that your still not over the fact that there will never be another episode of Gossip Girl. This is what blogging and tweeting is for! Whoever you're dating is obsessed with you and lives to read your every aching word (kinda like the last guy I blogged about), so express yourself and they'll get the message eventually and or think your really psycho and stop dating you, LOL it's totally whatever.
I've always felt like my life was some annoying teenage drama flick. One big pile of dramatic events after another. I finally feel like I'm at the part of the movie where everything comes together and makes sense. My Natalie-Portman-is-actually-a-schizophrenic-suicidal-lesbian-ballerina moment has finally arrived. My dreams and my passions are all finally starting to link together and I know what I want to create for myself.
Nervous? Yes. Willing to take the risk? Without a doubt.